Hi friends! If you follow me on twitter you may already know that I had some exciting news last week. It was a wonderful week due to it being my birthday {check out the amazing 8 giveaways here if you haven't already...just a few posts down...go...go now! :)}. You may ask...what was the exciting news? Here's the story...
Some of you know that I am a licensed teacher. I taught as a Title I teacher in Southern Indiana for two years after I graduated from Purdue University. After my husband and I were married, we moved closer to Indy and I got a job teaching full day kindergarten {loved it}. Towards the end of that year we learned that we were going to be transferred somewhere else due to my husband's job. I hated leaving that school/staff/students, they were amazing. However, we did move and the good thing was that I would be closer to my family {but further from my husbands which was hard}. So now we're to about a year and a half ago. We moved further North and no teaching jobs in sight. I'm not going to lie, it has been very frustrating. Anyone who is in the teaching profession knows...its usually all about who you know. Plus with so many schools having to make cuts there is little to no room for new hires. Well, that brings us to last week. After many interviews for actual teaching positions {having been turned down with "we'd love to have you...keep applying!"} I came across a posting for a media clerk {fancy word for librarian}. If you don't know me...first...I LOVE to read. I received a Kindle for Christmas and having put it down since. Second, I love being with kids and reading to them. So I decided to apply and if I got a chance at the job..good. If not, oh well! I got a chance...got an offer...and I took it. So...now I guess you could just call me...Madame Librarian. {as soon as I got the job offer I thought of this song...had to share}
The job is coming with a little extra work load because they've just had someone in the library keeping them afloat. And did I mention it's a K-8 school? I have a feeling I've got a lot of work ahead of me, but I'm super excited for the chance to do this...and it sounds as though this might be my way into getting back into my own classroom...



Congrats! That sounds like a wonderful opportunity... and a very fun job!
ReplyDeleteCongrats girlie!! I totally understand how hard it is to get a teaching job... especially when you move to a place where you don't have the same connections. I always thought that it would be fun to be a media clerk... I subbed it a couple of times and had a blast! :] Good luck... and keep us posted on how it goes!
ReplyDeletecongrats girl!!! love that that was what you thought of the music man is one of my favorite musicals!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!!!!!! You're the best for the job!! <3
ReplyDeleteThat is SOOOO awesome!! I've always thought the perfect job would be reading picture books to kids :) Story time is my favorite and I could do it all day long!!
ReplyDeleteAnyways, CONGRATS!!!
how fun! congrats and i wish you the very bestest:)
ReplyDeletegina
congrats, that is great news! I think I'd choose librarian as my job of choice if I worked in a elementary school :) Happy First day!!!
ReplyDeleteFirst, congrats! So exciting!
ReplyDeleteAnd second, how weird that I discovered your blog from another blog friend and have been reading only to now find out that you went to PU...me, too! And now I work there. I always think of the bloggers that I read as being far away, so it's fun and surprising when I discover someone somewhat close.
I know the teacher situation in this state has not been good, so I'm thrilled that you found something that it sounds like you will be very passionate about!